Simon Andersson has mastered the art of blurring international lines with his music. Becoming the first Swedish artist ever to win an award in the USA for "Best Country Song of the Year" is just one of the many accomplishments Simon has checked off of his list of achievements. In just a few short years, Simon has made a name for himself and his craft in the states.
Jan woods - a Nashville radio promoter with more than 20 years in the music business - says "Simon Andersson is a triple threat!" Meaning he's great looking, an amazing songwriter and an fantastic artist. She also said after watching Simon perform: "This kid truly has what it takes to become one of the biggest artist on the market today!"
Simon's music has been compared with everything between The Eagles - Bon Jovi & Coldplay and you get an awesome combination of rock, country and pop. Mike Thomas, Program Director for KFAV says, “It’s proof that good country music doesn’t have to come from this side of the pond.”
On the heels of his second single released in the U.S., Simon was a member of an elite group of artists that were chosen to be a part of Country Music Association’s Fan Fair X. The 2016 CMA Music Festival sold out seven months in advance prompting a record-setting daily attendance of 87,680 fans and Andersson was able to meet fans from all over the world.
Simon’s love for music developed at a young age and was heavily influenced by his Swedish upbringing, a country with great music traditions. Andersson has honed his skills for various instruments including drums and piano. However, Simon had to be true to himself and his love for the limelight and after years of performing with different bands, Simon stepped out on his own and has been blazing the trail ever since.
Simon's Nashville debut included a performance at legendary Tootsies with musicians from Taylor Swift and Tim McGraw’s band. This performance opened doors for Simon and not long after his Music City debut, Simon recorded at world famous Ocean Way and Starstruck studios on historic Music Row. These series of events led to his single debuting on the country breakout chart. And whether he is in Sweden, America or somewhere in between, you can be sure Simon is on a stage giving everything he has to his fans.
Some of Simon’s performances.
- CMA Music Festival, Nashville
- FOX 17 Morning TV Show, Nashville
- Memorial Park, Hendersonville
- Tootsies – Nashville, Tennessee
- Rippy’s - Nashville, Tennessee
- The Stage - Nashville, Tennessee
- The Fonda Theater – Hollywood Music in Media Awards, Hollywood, California
- The Nashville Sessions - Slagthuset, Sweden
- Countryfestivalen – Anderslöv, Sweden
- Country SM – Sälen, Sweden
- Malmöfestivalen - Malmö, Sweden
- Malmö Arena - Malmö, Sweden
- Kävlingefestivalen - Kävlinge, Sweden
- Songwriter Festival - Copenhagen, Denmark
- The Renaissance Hotel - Hollywood, California
- S:t Gertud - Malmö, Sweden